Thursday, August 4, 2016

Continueing my education in C.O.R.E. Rider!

Hi Everyone!

I have been so busy having fun this past few weeks of July, that I haven't gotten a chance to update you all on the activities at Playland Equestrian Center, LLC and my life!  So I am going to do my best with a few updates to catch you all up on all the fun stuff that has been going on!

July brought a bit of travelling for me.  I was lucky enough to head off the farm from July 19th -26th to Colorado for an educational course in Mind Body Studies.  MBS Academy is one of my inspirations for developing the C.O.R.E. Rider program.  I was able to spend 5 days training with the head trainer of MBS, Mia Segal!

We worked on many different lessons.  All the lessons can be applied to the principles of movement we look for in quality riding and movement of a horse!  For example, throughness!  All of the various lessons focused on the connection through the human body of allowing the movement to travel through the entire spine (and one's entire body) for a more efficiently organized movement!

Mia even pulled me to the side and worked privately with me for one on one session!  I am so thankful I received this opportunity to take a week away from the farm, and continue my education!

Here are a couple pictures from some of the various courses that I have worked with MBS.

This picture is of Mia working with a fellow student.  Mia is providing feedback through touch to help this student feel how movement travels through her spine.


A picture of a couple of my good friends and fellow riders exploring some of the same concepts learned in class while seated in a saddle!
Photo credit goes to MBS Academy for each of these photos.  Thank you MBS!

Additionally,  huge thank you to everyone that took care of the horses while I was away!

Last but not least ....A shout out on a job well done to the following PL home bred owners!

On 7/24 at the Full Moon Farm Aloha Horse Trials, Virginia Strench with Black Diamond (formerly PL Black Diamond)placed 6th in Novice Rider-B and on 7/21-24 at The Event at Rebecca Farm (Kalispell, MT) Kelsey Devoille with PL Lucky Regina placed 5th in Sr. Open Training-D!  Way to go girls!  


No comments:

Post a Comment