Monday, March 28, 2016

Working Students: Where are they now? (Part 6)

Today we are checking back in with previous working student Shoshana!

What is your favorite memory about being a working student at Playland?  
I absolutely loved getting to work hands on with foals, which is something I didn’t have a lot of experience with before. Playland taught me skills that have made me feel more ready to handle other young horses, and of course similar skills can transfer on to horses of any age. I also loved getting to work with so many high quality horses. Coming from a very backyard background, it was cool to see the differences really good breeding can make! Lastly, I adored the people. Playland has a great group of boarders and other individuals and I have stayed close with both of the girls I was a working student with. They are the most encouraging and uplifting friends I could ask for and our group messages prove that!

What are you doing now?
I currently work for Horse Illustrated magazine and Young Rider magazine as the assistant editor. If I have to have a ‘desk job’, it’s the perfect one to have! I spend all day writing about and editing information about horses, answering kids’ questions and emails about their horses, and then I get to spend my evenings with my pony, who is currently on the cusp of stepping up to Novice.

Wow! We are so happy to see that Soshana is doing well and still able to incorporate horses into her "desk job!"

Photo courtesy of Shoshana's Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment