Monday, March 21, 2016

Working Students: Where are they now? (Part 5) And weekend show results!

First off we want to congratulate Kim Brokaw with PL Ace of Diamonds for their 5th place finish in Beginner Novice-C at the Maryland Horse Trials Spring Starter #1 this past weekend!

Next, we are checking back with previous working student, Aubrey to see how she is doing and her favorite memory from her time here!

What is your favorite memory about being a working student at Playland?
My favorite memory is very hard to pick since so many memories stand out.  But I would have to say that it is a tie between foaling out the four mares, schooling at cross country for the first time, and working with the young horses in preparation for their first rides.  Each of those experiences were new to me and ones where not only did I learn a great deal but also gained confidence in my horsemanship abilities.  The skills I learned at Playland are constantly used and taking time to work in the equine industry has really helped me in my goals to be a professor in equine studies later on.

What are you doing now?
Right now I am in my second year as a graduate student at the University of Maryland, College Park, working towards a PhD in Equine Nutrition.

Aubrey competing PL school horse, Indy, at Waredaca


No comments:

Post a Comment